We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age disability, marital status, or any other legally protected status.
South Walton Utility Co., Inc. has openings for the following positions:
Water Plant Operator Trainee – The Water Plant Operator Trainee position operates in SWUCI Water Department to learn all aspects of becoming a Florida State Licensed Water Treatment Plant Operator under the direction of Licensed operators. Work is performed under the direction of the Water Operations Supervisor.
Every SWU employee is considered essential during an emergency event. All employees are subject to recall around the clock for emergency response operations, which may require irregular work hours, and may require duties other then those specified in the employee’s official job description.
Duties, Responsibilities & Illustrative Tasks:
- Assists in the operation and maintenance of the South Walton Utility Company’s Water Treatment plants in accordance with all State and Federal requirements.
- Read meters, gauges, and chemical feed systems.
- Measuring chemical levels; flows, at treatment sites along with interpretation and analysis of SCADA systems and Daily logbook entries.
- Follow preventative maintenance schedule for pumps, motors, and all ancillary equipment, evaluate performance and conduct repairs.
- Perform grounds and general facility maintenance, including grounds maintenance, painting or any needed janitorial work.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to climb, squat, twist, bend and walk frequently. Work in enclosed areas, in environmental and biological hazards.
- Must be clean shaven on face and neck to pass a general exam for a SCBA fit test.
- General computer skills to operate email and login functions for system GIS and SCADA systems.
- Operate with on call schedule; weekend shift rotation as needed for job function
Must possess basic knowledge and understanding of plumbing and electrical work; skill in the use of various hand and power tools related to the work; sufficient mathematical ability, ability to write legibly and communicate clearly; have a good driving record; individual must possess the ability to understand and comprehend written and verbal instructions and directives. High school graduate or equivalent must be able to obtain a Class C Florida Water Treatment Operator’s License within 16 months with ability to upgrade as deemed appropriate.
Position requires a valid Florida driver’s license or the ability to obtain one within 30 days. Benefits include medical & dental insurance, vacation & sick leave, 401 K, competitive pay and paid holidays. Applications are available at www.swuci.org or at 369 Miramar Beach Drive. Please email completed application to email@example.com or drop off at 369 Miramar Beach Drive, Monday – Friday 8am -4:30pm.
Receptionist – South Walton Utility Co. is accepting applications for a full time receptionist. Good communication skills and professional appearance required. MS Office experience a plus.
Greet people, answer incoming calls and refer as appropriate; provide assistance to customers in handling routine requests for general information; receive and validate monies that are brought into the office and provide appropriate receipt; assist other personnel in the Administrative Offices as needed; perform related work as required or assigned.
Qualifications: Knowledge of general office procedures, and customer service; ability to handle multiple incoming phone lines and refer as appropriate; ability to learn rapidly and communicate effectively with employees and customers. Ability to operate a calculator; ability to understand and follow written or oral instructions. Salary is dependent upon experience
To apply download the application below and email to firstname.lastname@example.org or deliver to South Walton Utility, 369 Miramar Beach Drive, Miramar Beach, FL 32550.
If you are interested in employment with South Walton Utility, please fill out the attached application and email or mail it to our office
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT FOR EMPLOYMENT
- You must fully and accurately complete the Application for Employment. Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you do not have all information with you at this time (date, telephone numbers, addresses, etc.) please keep this publication and return it when it is completed.
- Provide only the information requested – providing additional information will result in rejection of application.
- If you are hired, proof of citizenship or immigration status will be required to verify your lawful right to work in the United States upon employment.
- The Application for Employment will be considered inactive after 90 days. If you wish to be considered after that time, you must complete a new Application for Employment.